Quantcast

Changing the fiscal year using TroopLedger

Changing the fiscal year using TroopLedger

eiuk3k3
We just completed our first full year (Jan 1-Dec 31) using
TroopLedger, which "closed the books" on the fiscal year and now
expects us to begin a new one.

We've concluded that it would better reflect our program if we used
July 1 to June 30 as our fiscal year.  Is there a way to go back and
change the year just completed to begin July 1, 2007 and run until
June 30, 2008?  If so, how?  If not, now what do we do?

Keith Kohanzo
Committee Chairman
Troop 141 (Motto: "When In Trouble Or In Doubt: Run In Circles, Scream
& Shout!")
Charleston, Illinois

RE: Changing the fiscal year using TroopLedger

tim shea-3
Not sure how to do it, but we used Sep1-Aug31 as Fiscal Year. Kids back in
school in Sept, etc.

Tim

Re: Changing the fiscal year using TroopLedger

Ruben Soto
I don't believe you can 'change' your fiscal year in the current file.
During the rollover process you can set a new fiscal year start date
for your new fiscal year. I'd contact Troopmaster to see what they
recommend....

Ruben Soto
Scoutmaster
Troop 688
Whittier, CA
--- In [hidden email], "eiuk3k3" <kkkohanzo@...> wrote:

> We just completed our first full year (Jan 1-Dec 31) using
> TroopLedger, which "closed the books" on the fiscal year and now
> expects us to begin a new one.
>
> We've concluded that it would better reflect our program if we used
> July 1 to June 30 as our fiscal year.  Is there a way to go back and
> change the year just completed to begin July 1, 2007 and run until
> June 30, 2008?  If so, how?  If not, now what do we do?
>
> Keith Kohanzo
> Committee Chairman
> Troop 141 (Motto: "When In Trouble Or In Doubt: Run In Circles,
Scream
> & Shout!")
> Charleston, Illinois

RE: Changing the fiscal year using TroopLedger

Sam Edwards-2
Hi Keith,

You can't change the date range of a fiscal year once it's been started so
I'd recommend starting a new year that runs Jan 1 thru Dec 31 2008 but on
June 30th, close out the year and start the following year on July 1st. That
would get you to the target date range.

The only problem would be what to call the year that runs Jan 1 thru June
30, 2008. If the fiscal year you just finished was "2007", you could call
the new one "2008" and let the year that starts on July 1 be called "2009".

However, if you want the July 1 2008 to June 30 2009 fiscal year to be
called "2008", then you'll need to be creative on what you name the Jan 1
thru June 30 2008 FY.

Hope I haven't confused you.

Sam

  _____