Quantcast

TroopMaster AHG

lchankins1960
Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?

Can anyone answer these questions?

Thanks!

Linda Hankins
Coordinator
AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

Corinna Jones
Linda,
It's basically the accounting program catering to scouting needs. You might
be happy with other accounting software though.
My husband was treasurer for a few years, and he seemed to do well with the
ease of running reports, setting up accounts for specific purposes, etc.
with Troop Ledger.
HTH,
Corinna

> Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy
> TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
>
> Can anyone answer these questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Hankins
> Coordinator
> AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

Kenneth-44
Linda,

Did you go to TroomMaster's TSI Software website and review all of their products, demos, and features of what each does yet?

That would be a good place to start to see if it really fits your unit's needs. I viewed the features and demos of TroopLedger, and thought to myself, someone would have to be an accountant to know how to keep up with it. That's why we use Excel, it's cheaper and not as complicated.

But, if you're still interested, you can go here to check it out.

http://www.troopmaster.com/products/boyscouts/boy_scouts.php

Good Luck!
YiS,
Ken Hartman
SM-Troop 57
Lebanon, MO
O/A Brotherhood Member
Wah-Sha-She Lodge #42
Ozark Trails Council #306
Eagle Class of 1981

--- In [hidden email], "lchankins1960" <lch1960@...> wrote:

> Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
>
> Can anyone answer these questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Hankins
> Coordinator
> AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

Kenneth-44
If anyone's interested just e-mail me, and I'd be more than willing to share the file we already have saved and use. All one would need to do is change the Data fields with the Names, Amounts, etc.

YiS,
Ken Hartman
SM-Troop 57
Lebanon, MO
O/A Brotherhood Member
Wah-Sha-She Lodge #42
Ozark Trails Council #306
Eagle Class of 1981

--- In [hidden email], "lchankins1960" <lch1960@...> wrote:

> Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
>
> Can anyone answer these questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Hankins
> Coordinator
> AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

Ned Darden
TroopLedger is an accounting program that has been modified to supposedly support the needs of a BSA troop. It interfaces with TroopMaster to get roster information to set up individual accounts.

I haven't tried a version recently but the version I tried was TroopLedger ME of about 5 years ago. I'm a CPA with over 20 years expeerience with several accounting software packages and I found TroopLedger to be overly complicated and difficult to work with. Like many of the other responses you've received, our troop reverted to an Excell spread sheet that we can tailor to the way our troop functions and not have to tailor the troop to function with the accounting software.

I think TroopMaster is a great program and I wouldn't try to run a troop without it. I also would not try to run a troop using TroopLedger!

YIS,

Ned Darden
SM, T451
Pace FL - On the Redneck Rivera!

Re: Re: TroopMaster AHG

Jim Miller-8
Please send me the file.

Jim Miller
[hidden email]
Troop 77
Middletown, RI

If anyone's interested just e-mail me, and I'd be more than willing to share the file we already have saved and use. All one would need to do is change the Data fields with the Names, Amounts, etc.

YiS,
Ken Hartman
SM-Troop 57
Lebanon, MO
O/A Brotherhood Member
Wah-Sha-She Lodge #42
Ozark Trails Council #306
Eagle Class of 1981

--- In [hidden email], "lchankins1960" <lch1960@...> wrote:

> Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
>
> Can anyone answer these questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Hankins
> Coordinator
> AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

lchankins1960

I would love a copy of the file, also.

Thanks!

Linda Hankins
Coordinator
AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

igenr8
I have used the TroopLedger program for our Troop of about 35 scouts for three years now.. I also use TroopMaster with DotNet.  I am a lawyer and Troop Treasurer but not an accountant.  I use Excel at work.  I like the reports available in TroopLedger, the passbook feature, the archiving feature, the ability to receive data from TroopMaster, the ability to track more than one checking account and a savings account, the ability to create reserve accounts and the ability to budget. And the program never ever crashes or gets corrupted.  --- In [hidden email], "lchankins1960" <lch1960@...> wrote:

> Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
>
> Can anyone answer these questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Hankins
> Coordinator
> AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

Ruben Soto
I've been using TroopLedger for many years and am totally happy with it's capabilities and reports. It did have a bit of a learning curve and I have even had to contact the company with a question or two over the years but it serves our troop well.

YIS
Ruben Soto
Scoutmaster - Troop 688
Whittier, CA

--- In [hidden email], "lchankins1960" <lch1960@...> wrote:

> Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
>
> Can anyone answer these questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Hankins
> Coordinator
> AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

scouting1957
My Troop has used TroopLedger for quite a few years, and we love it.  Overall it is similar to using Quicken or Microsoft Money, but tailored to Scouting.  As Al said in his reply, we like the reports, budgeting capabilities, passbook feature, and the ability to set up reserve accounts.

When the program was updated several years ago, giving us the ability to make the entries on a spread-sheet look-alike (the 'transaction grids' I tried it and didn't like it, so I went back to the old method by clicking on Options - Preferences - Transaction Grids and unchecking "Use Grids for Transaction Entry".  I find this method easier, though someone who is used to using spreadsheets may find the grids easier.

I would take the suggestion of a previous poster and download the demo version to try it out for yourself.  And yes, it does have a bit of a learning curve, but if there is something you want to do with the program, there is probably a way to do it.  Considering the people at TroopMaster haven't had a major update for a loooooooong time, the program must be working alright!

Overall, I will only give up using TroopLedger (and TroopMaster) when they pry my cold, dead fingers from the keyboard!

Yis,

Darryl Wehner
Troop 32 Assistant SM & Treasurer
Dickinson, ND
I used to be a Fox (C-13L-97)

--- In [hidden email], "lchankins1960" <lch1960@...> wrote:

> Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
>
> Can anyone answer these questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Hankins
> Coordinator
> AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

waughjm
Ken,

I would be interested in seeing what you've come up with, also.  Thanks.

Maryanne Waugh
Troop 537
Lakewood, CO

--- In [hidden email], "Kenneth" <khartman@...> wrote:

> If anyone's interested just e-mail me, and I'd be more than willing to share the file we already have saved and use. All one would need to do is change the Data fields with the Names, Amounts, etc.
>
> YiS,
> Ken Hartman
> SM-Troop 57
> Lebanon, MO
> O/A Brotherhood Member
> Wah-Sha-She Lodge #42
> Ozark Trails Council #306
> Eagle Class of 1981
>

> --- In [hidden email], "lchankins1960" <lch1960@> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
> >
> > Can anyone answer these questions?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Linda Hankins
> > Coordinator
> > AHG Troop KY2111

Re: TroopMaster AHG

Treasurer ???
Ken

I am evaluating software for our Troop 97 and saw your post offering to share the file you are using as your Troop Treasurer and would like a copy of this file if possible for my new position as Treasurer.  Thanks!

Jill Bayne
Treasurer Troop 97

Kenneth-44 wrote

--- In TMTUG@yahoogroups.com, "lchankins1960" <lch1960@...> wrote:

> Does anyone use the TroopLedger program? Do we need it if we buy TroopMaster? What does it do that TroopMaster doesn't?
>
> Can anyone answer these questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Hankins
> Coordinator
> AHG Troop KY2111

Re: Re: TroopMaster AHG

wrfaas
If still available, please send the Excel spreadsheet that you created for troop finances.

Thanks!
Wayne Faas
Troop 310
Marshalltown, IA